Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lost and Found by Lori L. Otto

Lost and Found by Lori L. Otto was recommended on one of my favorite blogs. Her recommendations are  about 75% accurate for me. She likes to read rock star books and I'm not a big fan of them (except for Jax).  Maryse gave this book a great review and I started reading it with the thoughts that it would be a great love story and give me the "book high." That's the feeling where even though the story is over the characters stay with you for days, weeks, months or years after. YES, it is that serious. Just ask me about Acheron- or any of my friends about Acheron and they'll tell you I was stuck with him for over a year. Back to Lost and Found.  This book is about Emi and Nate. They are best friends. For a LOOONNG time. You can tell right away they are fighting their feelings for each other. Nate is a ladies man. Emi stays at home and really doesn't date. Everyone around them knows they will end up together. They are both so stubborn. I did not enjoy this book at all. While at times it seems to be a little realistic-girl likes guy she cant have; guy scared to make a commitment-it just did not do it for me. It was predictable even I could guess what was going to happen. At one point in the book I highlighted a few sentences and noted how annoying Nate was making me feel. I felt like he wanted to have his cake and eat it too. Yes, things get wrapped up at the end, although not how you expect them too. This is not the end of their story though. There are 2 other books. I will not be reading them. I will not include Nate on my bb list. Nor do I recommend this book. (Sorry, I sound so harsh)  :( But I really did not enjoy this one. Maybe it was the wrong time for me to read this book. I just went and read reviews on the next 2 books. It seems like the story line does get better and it could have some potential. I will leave up to you to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment