Monday, February 25, 2013

Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas

Hmmm.... This one was INTERESTING. Maryse recommended it a while back. It was before I had read Truth or Consequences and before I had ever read any books about kidnapping, Stockholm Syndrome or anything of the sort. This was a great read. The writing was great. I loved Emily's sarcastic thoughts even though she was in that situation. OK  I'm probably getting ahead of myself. This story is about Emily, she has studied psychology and is a motivational speaker for women. She gets kidnapped by a handsome man. He has no name. Nothing. He never speaks. Eventually she calls him Master. To me he will just remain nameless. This story takes you on a ride. I read it in one day. I was shocked at the ending. Literally shocked. Not because I did not expect them to be together. I was shocked because I wanted another reaction from him. In Consequences I end up liking Tony and wanting him to win because he made us love him. Even though he had his dominant characteristics he tried to change them and compromise with Claire. In this book Mr. No Name Master does not. He does not apologize for who and what he is-he is just it. If you want him you accept him knowing this is what it's going to be. There is no sweet love and romance and hope that he will change his crazy ways. You simply must accept that it is what it is. At one point in the book I just took a break and went and got my own Comfort Food-frozen yogurt. Then I came back and finished reading. I would be lying if I said I did not want them to end up together, I did, I wanted her to go back. I just wanted a different reaction from him. Do me a favor and read this book. He is not my book boyfriend material.first he has to have a name hehehhe.  If you are reading my copy check out my notes, they are pretty funny! P.S. Don't say I didn't warn you about the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment