Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Book Club: Jan 2013: Ada: Blood Vow

For those of you who don't know- I am in a book club. We have 5 members: Ive, Sam, Ada, Rey & me...Hey-I'm the only one whose nickname isn't 3 letters- whats that about??? May we can say Jas instead of Jazzy. OK, Rey is an honorary member since he has not read any book club book yet, he comes along for the food (and to hear girl talk). Each month we take turns selecting a book for everyone to read. We meet at a different restaurant each month to discuss the book and get together. January makes our 30th book club meeting!!!!!! Last month it was Ada's turn to pick. She chose Blood Vow by Karin Tabke. I did not read this book. Actually, I read the first book Blood Law and LOVED it-until the very last page. I was so angry they had to share that I decided not to read the other books. It really made me mad. Here is a quick overview of the book from Ada:

"The twins Rafa and Lucien continue their revenge on trying to get Falon back... She discovers she is the daughter of the enemy-the slayer Corbin and a Lycan mother... They are on a hunt to find the sword that can finally destroy him and at the same time trying to find a balance in sharing the same woman... She later discovers she has a younger sister and has special powers..."

I personally cant recommend this book because I gave up on this series after the first book. However, 2 out of the 4 "reading" members of the book club read it and recommend it. We ate at Longhorn Steakhouse in Manchester. The food was yummy going down...however, it did not sit too well with me.  I had a light meal-chicken with tomatoes, sweet potato and salad. The food tastes so good buy my tummy did not like digesting it. We ordered a dessert sampler to share- it was sooo good!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Jas, I do not recommend this series. This is not the type of story that should drag on for more than one book. I will now take a moment to share too much information... I did not get diarrhea from eating at Longhorn. Thank you!!!

    Love,
    IO

    ReplyDelete