Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ashes to Ashes by Karina Halle

amazon
I have been waiting for this book FOREVER. What is weird is that as soon it was available I didn't read it. I was busy falling in love with some super sweet book boyfriends like Hutch from Vicki Green or Riley from Ann Vaughn.  A part of me didn't want to read it because I can't come to terms that the series is coming to an end. I love the Experiment in Terror Series by Karina Halle. Ashes to Ashes in #8 in this series. Have I not mentioned how much I love Dex & Perry? You may have noticed I have a banner on my blog that says "Team Derry" hehehhehe. OK, back to business. Dex & Perry are on to another adventure together for their internet show "Experiment in Terror." In the 8 months they have known each other it seems like they have known each other for a lifetime. They have been through it ALL. Now, just when the dust has settled and things seem to be "normal"-well as normal as it can get for them-they are faced with some new hurdles.

This series is like romance meets the X Files. You just love to hate and hate to love Dex. I'm sure I have said that before. He is just too much and you love every second of it. I'm so sad that this series will end soon. Literally, I have reread this series 3 times! I will be rereading Ashes to Ashes too. I feel like the first time you read the book you have so much anxiety that you just want to know what happens. The second time you read it you can savor every word. This book kind of reminds me a tiny bit of Silent Hill. Particularly the creepy nurses.


  I do have a dream cast for Dex and Perry.


DEX
PERRY














Here are some of my favorite quotes:
  • ...it's such a non-issue that it's become an issue.
  • And an anchor was a hell of a lot sexier than getting a big ass boulder tatted on you.
  • ...I'd had verbal diarrhea of the lovey-dovey kind.
  • ..."But we can handle it. And if we can't, well that's what Jack Daniels is for."
  • "Who's the boss in the bedroom here? Tony Danza?" (LOL!)
  •  "Sometimes I think I'm looking at a ghost but it turns out to be a meth head."
  • "You know you can have pie any time you want," I teased him.
  • "You think you'd be used to fog, coming from jolly fucking England and all," Dex said.
  • "Don't even think about a quickie," I warned him with a sharp shake of my head. "I couldn't come in this place even if you had two dicks." (gasp in feigned horror)
  • "I mean, hello, way to welcome him into your hidey hole so soon." (LMAO)
  • "Perry, there's something that's been weighing on me...promise you won't get mad." My eyes widened defensively. "If you're starting something off like that, I can probably promise I will get mad." (HECK YEAH!!!)
  • I was like the highly sought after call girl of the supernatural.









No comments:

Post a Comment