This series is like romance meets the X Files. You just love to hate and hate to love Dex. I'm sure I have said that before. He is just too much and you love every second of it. I'm so sad that this series will end soon. Literally, I have reread this series 3 times! I will be rereading Ashes to Ashes too. I feel like the first time you read the book you have so much anxiety that you just want to know what happens. The second time you read it you can savor every word. This book kind of reminds me a tiny bit of Silent Hill. Particularly the creepy nurses.
I do have a dream cast for Dex and Perry.
Here are some of my favorite quotes:
- ...it's such a non-issue that it's become an issue.
- And an anchor was a hell of a lot sexier than getting a big ass boulder tatted on you.
- ...I'd had verbal diarrhea of the lovey-dovey kind.
- ..."But we can handle it. And if we can't, well that's what Jack Daniels is for."
- "Who's the boss in the bedroom here? Tony Danza?" (LOL!)
- "Sometimes I think I'm looking at a ghost but it turns out to be a meth head."
- "You know you can have pie any time you want," I teased him.
- "You think you'd be used to fog, coming from jolly fucking England and all," Dex said.
- "Don't even think about a quickie," I warned him with a sharp shake of my head. "I couldn't come in this place even if you had two dicks." (gasp in feigned horror)
- "I mean, hello, way to welcome him into your hidey hole so soon." (LMAO)
- "Perry, there's something that's been weighing on me...promise you won't get mad." My eyes widened defensively. "If you're starting something off like that, I can probably promise I will get mad." (HECK YEAH!!!)
- I was like the highly sought after call girl of the supernatural.