Thursday, October 31, 2013

Emerge by S.E. Hall (Evolve Series)

I just finished Emerge by S.E. Hall. Like literally 5 minutes ago. I am so happy I waited to read this series because I really hate waiting for books to come out. I ordered this book back in July. It was just living in the cloud. A few days ago the author asked me to share the sale she was having on these books! How cool is that! Of course, I was honored to do so. So, since this book has been in my collection for months I figured I would read it and see what it's about. Of course, just because the author asked me to share the sale doesn't mean I would enjoy the book. I would be honest with my opinion as you already know. But WOW! I loved this book. It is one of my favs! Now, if you are not a huge fan of love triangles, this might not be for you. However, it is not one of those books where the girl just makes you mad and is going back and forth between guys. She is normal and so honest and straight forward. It is a love story mixed with comedy and real life. Well, except for rich millionaire men sweeping you off your feet. Really, both Evan and Dane are awesome guys. Both are totally book boyfriend material. But from the very beginning, I must say, I was team Dane all the way baby! I cant really give the story away. But here are some of my favorite quotes from the book:

  • "Um, Dane, have you been checking me out? I blush. "Only when I'm breathing."
  • "What took us years to build, a strong foundation that withstood any element, has just suffered its first crack. It took a fraction of the time."
  • ...Dane is a "go big or go home" guy apparently. 
  • "Where is this town she comes from that's obviously filled with the dumbest bastards on the planet?"
  • "Last chance, Disney. Once I get a taste, I'm coming after you with everything I've got."
  • Game on, Evan.
OH! Laney describes her situation in this book like the Sweet Home Alabama movie. I agree! But what worries me is that in that movie I wanted Reese to stay with the country boy from her past and not the GQ guy from her present! Oh, the dilemma. Do I really hope Dane wins or can Evan still make a comeback? 

If you like Abbi Glines or Colleen Hoover you will love this series! Off I go to read the next book! 



No comments:

Post a Comment