Thursday, October 3, 2013

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

For the last 2 weeks I have been carrying this book around in my purse. It is a quick read, only 170 pages. I read it in 2 hours. This book was recommended to me by a good friend. At least she gave me the disclaimer that it was not a happy read. Actually she said "Don't read if if you feel depressed." LOL! Living Dead Girl is a story about a girl who was kidnapped and has been living with her captor for 5 years. It is categorized as a young adult book but I think it should be an adult book. It is a dark read. The poor girl is starved, sexually abused, beaten...It is just bad.  It is a great book and in the end, well, she realizes that she isn't a monster and she is finally free. I would recommend this book if you are in the mood to read something different and are not looking for a light-hearted read. OH! I have to mention that this is an actual hard cover book not an ebook! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment