Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

OH HELL NO! That's what I have to say about this. WARNING: THIS IS NOT SPOILER FREE SO IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK YET AND DON'T WANT TO HAVE IT RUINED FOR YOU STOP READING NOW! 

OK, now that I said that. OMG! I am so sad! Why did she have to die?!?!?!?! I kept waiting for her to come back from the dead or something! I'm just shocked and sad. Poor Tobias! Why could they not live happily ever after fighting the world together? I am so stressed. Yes, there is a greater lesson from her dying and Tobias living as she would want him to. Yes, I understand that. But come on. I really wanted them both to be happy together, I think they deserved that much. I had so many other things to write about this book but the ending just killed me and know my brain and heart can't focus. Everything else seems so petty compared to this. I was so proud of Tris when she was going to let Caleb go and sacrifice himself. It was not like her. I should have known better! I have said this series reminds me of the Hunger Games and The Matrix combined. That is the one thing I HATED about the Matrix was that Neo died. HATED! Like, I do not watch that movie. (And the Matrix is one of my all time fav's)  I HATE it when an awesome character dies. It's like a part of me died with them.

So sad. :( 

"I fell in love with him. But I don't just stay with him by default as if there's no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose him over and over again, and he chooses me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment