Sunday, June 23, 2013

COME ALIVE by Karina Halle

Five hours and I'm done with Come Alive. I have been waiting for this book for MONTHS! I love Dex & Perry. I just cant help it. It is pretty obvious since I have written 8+ blog entries about this awesome series! I love this series so much that my bookclub is reading Dark House as June's selection. This will be spoiler free I promise! I totally fell in love with Dex again and boy did he piss me off at times. I was so mad! I keep getting more and more impressed with Perry. She is smart enough to see through some of the BS. And Maximus, wow, he really pisses me off too. "Cock blocking" doesn't even describe it. Even after the ending and we can understand him a bit better, I'm still angry with him lol. Sometimes, when I get an impression of certain characters, it just sticks with me. Like Marcus in Because of Low. Anywho, there are so many great quotes in this book that I can't even talk about all of them. Well, OK, maybe I can share some: Dex telling Jen: "And you're the shit this pig used to roll around in." Dex to Maximus: "Little lady? Who the fuck are you, John Wayne?" I have to admit I was thinking the same thing lol! The last quote I'll share is between Dex and Perry. "Baby, the first chance I get, I'm going to F&^% the shit out of you." Perry: "I think its called making love now." Dex: "Then I'm F&%^ing making love the shit out of you." HEHEHEHHEHE   ANNNDDD! I cant forget to mention our favorite book blogger being in the book!! How freakin awesome is that! Yay Maryse! The next book Ashes to Ashes will be out in the winter. I wonder if that one will be about vampires... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment