Friday, August 14, 2015

The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner

Click to buy on amazon.
The last 72 hours of my life have been devoted to reading The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure. Actually, in my brain it is just one long book. I still need to read The Kill Order. But I had to share my thoughts on this. I will say my sister has been nagging me to read this series for over a year. I saw The Maze Runner last year for my birthday with my best friend. That was the universe's gift to me. The universe is so generous that I will be doing the same thing this year for my birthday too. I loved the movie. While I was curious to read the book I was in quite the reading slump (as you may already know if you follow this blog).  Now that the time for The Scorch Trials is getting closer I just had to find out what happens. The rest is history. I don't really know how to describe how I feel right now. When I finished reading the Divergent series I felt livid, angry and was almost in a rage over the ending. Let me not jump ahead of myself here. Only one other series has gotten me to read the books after watching the movie. That would be The Hunger Games. Ya'll know how much I love that series. That being said, for this series (and Hunger Games too) I feel like the first book is a little hard to get into. I think this is because you already know (mostly) what is going to happen. But like I usually say, stick with it, it is well worth it. Book 2 & 3 just fly by! So suspenseful and keeps you on the edge of your seat. You don't know what to believe anymore. It is like inception! Let's talk about the ending. I won't give anything away. UGH! I just want more. I need more pages between the last two chapters and the
epilogue. I need more reconciliation with Thomas and Teresa. I need more after.  Clearly I just need more. I would have resolved things a bit differently, but, hey, that's how I roll.  I loved this series but now I just feel numb. I feel like Thomas. Like I have just been mindf&*^ed and didn't even realize it is over. Maybe after the movies come out  I will elaborate in more detail what I want more about. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who may be wanting to read it. I will say I love and agree with the casting. Except for one person. I would have made this guy Ratman, or Janson instead. 




5 stars! #DashnerArmy

No comments:

Post a Comment