Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Book Review: Finally Home by Ann Vaughn 5 STARS!

OMG. OK. I just finished Finally Home. I need an alcoholic beverage and its only 3pm right now. Firstly, anything Ann Vaughn writes is guaranteed to be freakin awesome. Or your money back. GUARANTEED. Out of all the guys, I thought Riley was my favorite. Really, I can have no favorites now. I love all the boys-ahem, I mean men. You can't help but love them all. Before I get ahead of myself let me tell you what the book is about. Mike Casiano-Italian, strong silent type, been through hell and back, selfless, has the self control of Jesus, determination like a bull chasing a red flag and a heart of gold. His nickname is the Commander and boy does it fit him perfectly. There is no way you can not love him. He was a Navy SEAL, was a POW and tortured beyond belief. Any Sherrilyn Kenyon fans in the house? He reminds me a bit of Acheron-except Acheron's suffering was for many years and Mike for 12 hours. Acheron is a freakin God and poor Mike is just a man.  Still, your heart will bleed for him. I haven't even started on Lainey! What a great match for "Mike. Freaking. Casiano."   

This review might not be coherent as I'm still a blubbering mess over this book. Talk about book hangover at it's finest!


Here are some of my favorite quotes:

  • You're the one who sent a card to Riley addressed to Malibu Ken." Colt laughed and even Mike had to chuckle at that one.
  • Call Colt up here. He was our medic." Her eyes narrowed. "Why didn't you say that in the first place?" "You were so insistent on playing Florence Nightingale, who was I to stop you?" he said, deadpan.
  • Everything about the huge space was masculine and sleek, tasteful yet Spartan...she decided it suited Mike to a T.     

  • "It's fine. I've faced down Al Qaeda, right? I think I can handle one pissed off little blonde."
  • "Consequences for disobedience will be immediate and severe." (A line from Mr. Anthony Rawlings if I do say so myself!)
  • "If I tell you I'm going to do something, then I'm going to do it. Don't question me when I've already given you the answer, capisce?" (Capisce! made me giggle!)
  • "You didn't notice Nick's hair?" "Um, was a little  preoccupied by the fact that he had your face," she grumbled. (No kidding! My thoughts exactly!)
  • "You caroused?" Jenna asked Riley with a raised brow. "I was in my mid-twenties and a badass SEAL. Hell, yeah, I caroused," he replied...
  • Riley walked up then, Colt and Coop just behind him. Lainey took just a moment to admire how they had recognized that their Commander was in a confrontation and they all came to stand behind him. (I love them all damn it! Sticking up for Mike. AHHH My poor heart!)
  • Devil's Lair?" AM MADDEN ( I LOVE when authors do that! When they give a shout out to another awesome book!)
  • Fine...but this would be a lot easier if you were with me and not hovering behind me like Kevin Costner."
  • "Dio," he swore, then because he couldn't help it, wrapped his arm around her head and rested his chin on the top of her head. "I don't know if you're an angel or the devil."

  • Not a quote but: OMG Mike teasing the stalker #priceless! #avengingangel #iceman
  • "He's just Mike." (MAGIC MIKE LOL)



I did go a little hashtag crazy with this one. Here are some of my favorites:

#avengingangel
#iceman
#MagicMike
#thecommander
#MikeFreakingCasiano
#popeye
#bleedingheart


5 stars! All of the guys are book boyfriends, book husbands and favorites of all time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment