Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Crossfit Story



I really don't like to share this part of myself much. However, since the following posting will be on my Crossfit box's website I'd thought it'd be only fair to post it on my blog. 

“I joined CFR about a year ago when one of my best friends Carmen dragged me to check it out with her. I was pushing 230 lbs and wearing a size 20 in pants. I was very unhappy and disappointed in myself. I wasn't sure if this was the place for me since I wasn't great at any sports and couldn't do a push-up let alone lift heavy weights. Today I have a different story to share. Since joining I have lost 40 lbs, went from a size 20 to a size 14, from a 35 lb dead lift to a 215 1RM, from a 14:50 min mile to 10:23. But the best thing that has happened is the change in my head. It is no longer about being a certain weight or getting to a certain size.  It is about becoming stronger and being proud of myself. The weight loss is an added bonus. Although I am far from where I’d like to be one day I will show those burpees and wall balls who’s the boss. But until then I will enjoy this journey because it is not the destination that matters as much as the path to get there. It is not easy or pain free but it is worth it. I have become a better person all around. Thank you to the coaches who never let you give up and to all of my fellow box members.”

2 comments:

  1. :) I am so proud of you Jas! You are beautiful anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you as well love! I miss having our girl talks!

    ReplyDelete