Sunday, February 16, 2014

Book Review: Blood Betrayal by T.E. Ridener

I feel like it has been a long time since I have read a vampire book. I enjoyed 2 other book by T.E. Ridener so I decided to pick up the Blood Betrayal Series by her to give it a shot. I already know she is a great writer and can create a fantasy land like no one's business BUT wow! I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I got sucked in to this story! I literally read all day in the car on Saturday while running errands-no worries, I wasn't driving! This says A LOT because I hate reading in cars, I get car sick easily. I read for 4 hours! There is such an elaborate story here! There are so many plots and you never know what is going to happen!  What is this book about you ask? Well, we meet Jude. A human who has an infatuation -no burning desire to know all there is to know about vampires. His dad does not approve of this of course. His mom, bless her heart, earns a lot of points in my book. She is so supportive of her son. I mean, what kind of dad has a "vampire intervention" with his kid? This thirst for knowledge leads him down a path that will change his life. I will not give anything away here. This is a must read. If you are a fan of True Blood and have watched all the seasons you might be reminded of Billith just a tiny bit while reading this.

Here are some of my favorite quotes:


  • But it seemed that the cards hadn't been dealt like that. As a matter of fact, Jude had been dealt a dead's mans hand.
  • He had, after all, chosen a happy meal over a big mac value meal, so to speak.
  • He had tried so hard to be her savior, but in the end he had been her Grim Reaper.
  • "You can get your appetite anywhere so long as you eat at home." (LOL)
  • If a vampire fed from a dead body, or consumed the blood from a woman's 'red flower' as Vinnie would say, it would be just like a human snacking on a dog biscuit.
  • "Ya can bet yer arse I'll be there fer 'im when te time comes, Lass." 
  • "Look at that kid there." He nodded to the Mexican vampire. "I wasn't aware that Chong got sired." (I was cracking up when I read this!)

OHH! And the creepy dude saying "Would you like to get a milkshake?" totally reminds me of this: (specifically at 2:32 ) 

http://youtu.be/9MVgFp5orDE?t=2m32s  



5 Stars!


Here is the amazon link for this book: http://amzn.to/1mmiVTq


No comments:

Post a Comment